1. 2004: Birth of Active-type Proximity Technology that protects Pedestrians using Low Frequency Magnetic Fields was patented. (Schiffbauer Patent # 6,810,353) .
2. 2005: First Proximity Detection System Approved by MSHA for Underground Mining. (Frederick Patent # 7,420,471)
3. 2007: Magnetic Field System developed for Complex Operational Environment to allow Multiple Vehicle Operators and Multiple Pedestrians to be individually warned with high reliability. (Frederick Patent # 8,232,888 ; 8,847,780)
4. 2007: Proximity Detection systems with Magnetic Silent Zones that prevent Pedestrians or Operators from being warned when the Pedestrian is at a Safe Location in a dangerous environment. (Frederick Patent # 8,446,277)
5. 2008: Collision Avoidance using magnetic fields is patented. Important aspects of Traffic Control Systems also developed and patented for Vehicles and Mobile Equipments using magnetic fields. (Frederick Patents # 8,169,335 and 8,552,882)
6. 2013: Controllers for Mechanized Areas that include Proximity Systems based on Low Frequency Magnetic Fields is a patented revolutionary concept. (Frederick Patent #2014191869)
7. 2014: Magnetic fields implemented on Automatically Guided Vehicles to Protect Pedestrians and to prevent collisions with manned vehicles. (Patents pending)
8. Other Frederick-Issued Patents and Published Patent Applications describe related and important inventions that accommodate specialized needs. Also, approximately 40 Frederick patents related to proximity safety systems have been filed, issued, and/or published outside the US.
Historical Milestones for Proximity Detection and Collision Avoidance
Review of US Patents for Proximity Systems confirms that HITNOT® is the clear leader in development of magnetic field technology for protecting pedestrians and preventing collisions. It is the only technology shown to be highly reliable in essentially all industrial applications. Ten milestone US patents protect fundamental aspects of HITNOT® proximity protection.